Saturday, April 28, 2012

Family sizes

In class we were talking about how couples are deciding to have fewer children. And the effects that are taking place. I was thinking about what goes into these choices, not enough money for children, lot of work, time consuming, other people will have bigger families, no children at all, don't need children to complete my already happy life, etc.
I was also thinking what goes in the choices that large families have. Children can play together, bonding, learning experiences, more help, etc.

(we already talked about these in class)

But the one I was thinking about most is other people will have bigger families for me so why should I have kids when other families already or will have bigger families. To me it made since. But then it also hit me how sad and selfish that is to put that irresponsibility on another family. (I'm not really making since of what I'm trying to say very well, I'm sorry.)

All in all it is our own decision on how big or small our family is and what we want. Society will adjust and re-adjust for whatever population there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment